Monday, July 19, 2010

John Lee Supertaster

People often get down on me when I brag about my sense of taste. I don't like to boast about too many things, but I believe that I have a heightened ability to taste things. I never get the feeling that I can hear, smell, touch, or see things more than anyone else, so why is it a problem that I think I'm a little better at tasting? I'm not saying that I have better taste when it comes to food. I'm saying that I can taste better. Supertasters are real, and I am one of them.

Supertaster: A supertaster is a person who experiences the sense of taste with far greater intensity than average. Women are more likely to be supertasters, as are Asians and Africans. Among individuals of European descent, it is estimated that about 25% of the population are supertasters.

Supertasting is also thought to be a cause of picky eating. I'm a picky eater. My tasting talent is almost a liability. Read up on it if you think you might be one of us. We can't hide forever. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supertaster

On a different note, I've had the songs from the Rugrat's "Reptar on Ice" episode in my head all day. Reptar, Reptar, gotta find that Reptar.

No comments:

Post a Comment